Friday 12 April 2013

Another busy couple of days

I've been finally lucky enough to get hold of a swage block at last. It's been very differcult to get hold of on of these very handy tools. Ebay those have it uses as I managed to pick up a beautiful one for £120 which I think was well worth it. I had to pick it up in a little village not far from Ross on Wye, It felt very weird travelling along the Wye valley down roads I knew all to well from spending three years in Hereford. I've only really had this two days and have already put this to good use. This really is a must have tool.


As next week I'm planing to put this gate in place I decided to put the finish coat on. I've painted the bar in a matt black and the plates in a sliver so that they both stand out. I'll admit I didn't know if the sliver would work but it came out alot better than I imaged. So hopefully next week I'll be posting photos of this gate in place at it's new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment