Saturday 19 October 2013

More roses....

Yes I've been getting quite a few orders for roses this week and am developing quite a range of different sizes and colours. This particular rose is very different from all the others and maybe one of my best so far. This rose has a set of four petals not three like all my others, the commission was a painted rose with stand and two leaves. Here are some pictures of the processes to the finished result.





 
I really love the finished result of this rose not only is it hand made by me but hand painted too. The cross between the reds, black and shininess of steel really stands out and is not to over powering. I think I need a photo of all my roses together while I still have most of them.
What do you all think?.....  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, just made my first stand up rose ..... is there an easy way to cut out the petals ? Giovanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    This video I found gave me the idea of how to cut out the petals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Py9XEBT9No

    This is the easiest way to make the petals that I've seen. Most blacksmiths I know buy the petals pre-cut from America but I enjoy cutting them myself tbh.

    ReplyDelete