Tuesday 18 March 2014

Traditional sign making

I don't normally do traditional for but for this I went all out. To try and bring in some business I started looking at forged sign brackets, thinking of other markets I could appeal to. So I set out to design my own one for my business, I was thinking of designing it in my own aesthetics but as I already had a wall bracket like that I wanted something that stood out from everything else I'd made before.
Here it is in pieces before I riveted it together and made the anvil sign as you can see It's very different to what I normally do.

 
Here it is fully built, there were a few areas that proved difficult with drilling and riveting but it came together in the end and the anvil looks fantastic!!! 


I've started putting on the first coat of paint and and will give you a final update and photo when the painting is complete.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment