Saturday 3 November 2012

Move in day and catch up

I know I've not updated my Blog for about a week and I apologize for that but I've had what would be called a bad week to most people but we'll move away from that and focus on the good stuff that's happened this week. First of all the third and final day I was in mid Wales went very well, me and nick managed to complete two and a half out of the three hooks that I had planned, which I was very pleased with. the two which I completed do need some extra tweaking with a gas torch. So when I got back to Bristol I got back in contact with Fred Brodnax a blacksmith who had helped me before when my microphone stand needed an extra rivet and some TLC. I took my portfolio with me to show him as well as one of the hooks I made, Fred really liked my portfolio and thought my forging skills were very good and was willing to offer his help with finishing the last of the two guitar hooks. So I look forward to hopefully getting these hooks ready to be cleaned and have the heat shrink rubber applied to them so they can go to their new owners.     


Now today was my move in day to my new workshop and we had a field day picking up all my equipment  from different locations in to a van which I hired to my workshop. As you can see from the photos it may not look like much at the moment but give me a month and I hope to have a workshop fit for any blacksmith. There's a lot of work to do to get this all up and running and its not going to be easy but I've come this far so lets finish this !..!,  




No comments:

Post a Comment