Wednesday 7 November 2012

Well it's been a productive day

It's been a long and productive day for me and I've ticked a lot off my list. After spending the whole morning on the phone to a lot of different people trying to get myself in better position to set up my workshop quicker. After lunch I visited my local reclamation yard to see if they had a materials I could use to make a work bench but instead I found one of the most important pieces of equipment that I was missing an Anvil!!! So now I'm having the anvil delivered to my workshop Friday morning, I'm very happy because its been very rare to come across an anvil in Bristol almost as rare as Blacksmiths in Bristol hahaha!!!

I had asked help from Fred Brodnax A blacksmith who had helped me before when my Microphone stand to give me a hand tweaking my guitar hooks with his gas torch. It only took around half an hour to fully tweak both the hooks so that they both sit nice and flat and now they look a lot better.





The only thing left to do now is clean them up with a cut brush, apply the lacquer finish and heat shrink the rubber on to the hooks which I will start tomorrow. I hope to deliver them to their new owner in the next couple of day and see a beautiful guitar framed on it !..!,   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment