Thursday 9 May 2013

From the roof to the workshop!

It's not everyday you start your morning on top of roof... Mine did!! Four floor up in the centre of Bristol on business... I know what you're thinking what business could you possible have on a roof? Well my client wants me to make six brackets for three windows on the roof of these flats, so I was up there measuring them up. They are at this moment held on by silicon and they would like them to be held on by steel for more support as soon as possible. While I was up there I took these photos.

St Mary Redcliffe Church in the distance I went to the school right next to it.

Bristol Bridge and castle park.
After my high start to the morning I then made my way across Bristol to my workshop where I continued on the cupcake stands I'm making. It was a slow day in the workshop but I made some progress even if I feel it wasn't enough for the 8 hours I was working in the workshop today. 

  
It's really starting to take shape. There are 43 pieces to this stand I've got to make the other 24 more tomorrow and then I can start drilling, which I'm looking forward to but I know is going to be the hardest part of this job. AND THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST STAND OF TWO!!!! This has been a real challenge and will look amazing once it finished. After I packed up for the night I started playing around with some of the components. I really liked these two. Fun and games!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment