Monday 13 May 2013

Update

After a busy weekend outside the workshop it felt great to get back to forging. So with an early start I spent the day drilling, tweaking and riveting the first level of the stand. The first being the base of the whole stand is going to be the trickiest as it has alot of components being riveted at once but I've may have come up with a salutation (without welding anything!!!) which I will try out tomorrow. I have an order of stainless steel coming tomorrow as well for the bracket job I will be doing, so I think tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. As you all seen before I love to play around with the shapes I makes and see what other design or product ideas manifest and here again today I was playing around with these forms and found they make very interesting feet.      



Here you can see that the base is coming together nicely, it is not fully riveted together but you can see what I'm trying too achieve. There has been a few things I haven't anticipated when making this but nothing that has spoiled the design and even though this has taken alot longer than I thought it would, I hope the progress keeps at this pace.



No comments:

Post a Comment