Monday 23 April 2012

A post before my return

Well its been nearly four weeks and I like to think I've done a lot in that time. I've spent "a lot" of money on tools and equipment, travelled over 400 miles to the north and back again, worked in a forge for a day and have completed most of the finish coat on the microphone stand. I admit that applying this finish has been a real under taking for just me alone and I've persevered through most of it.












Using whatever I could in whatever space I had its been a real challenge but its really looking the part at the moment.

I even managed to fit time in for close friends and one of them Charlotte Pain is a up and coming artist who is also just finishing her BA course as well. Charlotte had her first solo exhibition which I was invited to the preview night and her work is just stunning, she has a very unique style where she paints very old architectural building in black and white in an abstract way. It was great even the mayor of Weston came to the exhibition.

The Mayor of weston on the left and Charlotte Pain in the middle standing in front of some of her work.

And when the going get tough with the work, you have to let off a little steam and nothing lets of steam better then going to a Korn gig and having your head blown clean off "Hell Yeah" !..!,  

All in all its been a jam packed 4 weeks and I'm travelling back up to Hereford this morning where I will try to regain some normality and routine in college and get back to work, so the next post will be in thick of it and until then farewell Bristol...... 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment