Monday 7 May 2012

Artist Statement

I began writing my artist statement a last week and need to get it checked over before I hand it in. I admit it was quite a challenge to fit every important factor about your work sized down into a 150 word statement. I feel i covered everything that needed to be said and this is what i've done so far...

Artist statement   


Music in itself is a form of expression on its own and is one thing that I am very passionate about as it is a great source of comfort and energy. Using forged metal to communicate my passion in the way I have designed by applying my own aesthetic style in blacksmithing to products, the shape of the bar to define the quality of line with the crisp edges and the layering.

Layering the liner forms to generate shapes of negative space which highlight the three dimensional structures I create. I’ve always intended the products I forge to become an extension of the person using it through interaction, forming a really strong and personal connection.

The products I design and create not to just about my own connection to music but more about everyone as an individual and their relation and passion to music.

(154words)

No comments:

Post a Comment