Thursday 10 May 2012

I thought it was time again to post my progress to date on my final piece and what needs to be done next. Well i'm almost at construction stage with all the main components forged, formed and drilled I just need to finish forging the tenons on the ends of the hooks and the wall connectors and i'll be ready the to begin constructing. I have also started to put the finish on the bars so that I will have less to apply later on and hopefully get the whole thing finished much quicker.  

 
I have addtionally look at what the rivet heads could like so a made a sample of different revet heads on the shaped bar although some of them look the same there are suttle differences. It does open the possibilities of what the rivet heads could look like on a larger scale too and squaring the head up so it matches the rivets on the microphone is probably the best idea but the octogen shape looks really cool aswell.   


No comments:

Post a Comment