Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Tenon Approach

With only the wall connector and hooks to finish it all tenon forging from here on out but one factor is that i've not forged any tenons since the begining of my second year so there had to be a little refresher in forging tenons. I was shown two different ways of making tenons one with a set hammer and the other with a butcher, both worked really well but I chose to use the butcher as it ment I didn't have to rely on a striker to help me.

Its been nearly a week since my last post and i've been trying to get tenon making right before I try to make the real components but alot of trail and error I think I'm ready to make the real thing now.

These pictures are some of my best samples of the tenons I've been making both round and square as the real connection with require both, this is all done out of 25mm square bar which will be forged down to 10mm round and 15mm square.  

   




The end result should look something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment