Friday 18 May 2012

slight set back to a better tomorrow

As I've said in my last post i've been working on the wall connections for the guitar wall mount i'm making and had been practicing forging out tenons for about a week so I could forge the components out to the best of my ability. i had forged most of the components out and was just finishing them off (Granted they weren't quite going as planed) and when I showed the idea to Del who came in to visit us in the forge, didn't like the visual of the idea. I design the component to be purly functional and not really visually linked to the aesthetics of the design and there it was decided (With gritted teeth I might add) that it needed to be changed. We started brain stroming for new idea and had I pick of a couple of suitable ideas, so back to the sketch book to draw up the next plan.      



These are the drawing of the idea I had for the new connection.

Now I had the drawing it was time to put it into action, so with an early start today and at the forge by 8.30 dead I was ready to go. By lunch time I had all the components to but together to create the ultimate component that would suspend my mount on the wall. They may not look like much here but once their cleaned up and fully riveted to the rest of the mount they'll fit in perfectly. I'm really pleased with these elements and can't wait to see them on a wall, i have to admit there was alot of drilling with different sized drill bits but the forging that went into it looks great. Just a few more extra details to take care of now and it will shortly be completed very soon.   


No comments:

Post a Comment