Wednesday 4 July 2012

From new designers to a new future

Its been a full couple of weeks for me and everyone else in the crafts cluster group first we had our final end of year show and then straight afterwards packing up everything into a van and sending it off to New Designers in London which is a huge event in the art and design world where colleges and university's from around the UK come to exhibit there work and people from all over the creative industry's come to view, buy, commission and support up and coming designers.



I spent a week in London talking to a lot of people about my work, repeating myself countless times but I love talking about my work and to the people that understand it makes me very happy. New Designers is huge and when I first walked around it, it was like a maze, there were a lot of impressive stuff but Hereford's stand stood out as being the most diverse...



 
It was a joy to see everyone's work stand out so well in such a small space, it was a stand you couldn't miss it and in the end we all took something away from New Designers whether it be a commission, interest, or just experience. I got alot of interest in my work, loving the ideas and seeing it as something new and fresh that could take the music scene by storm.


This was my area, I was only limited to one guitar hook but I feel it worked out really well and without the guitar and microphone nobody would have understood either of these products and with them they stood out and drew in all the eyes. I took alot away from New Designers, experience of talking to people about my work but also I have more ideas of where to take my work to the next level and I'm more determined than ever to get back in the forge and start making again... I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. !..!,    

No comments:

Post a Comment