Thursday 14 February 2013

Forge ready for work.

After the good the news that the workshop had electricity now I could really get the cogs turning. Today was an early start down the workshop and I knew that it was going to be a long day but I had a friend coming down to lend me a hand building the rest of the forge. The first job was to build a case to sit on top the forge which would connect the hood to the air pipe. I welded lots of pieces together to shape around the top, It way not look like much but it works. With the help of my friend we drilled a back plate to the forge and got the fan connected so now it fully works and ready to start work.

Now that the forge is working the cogs are turning much quicker and I hope I can start making very soon. Next week I'll be travelling up to Mid Wales to my friend Nick's workshop once again this time to make a commissioned ring holder. I'll be putting up the drawing of the design soon and I'll be taking lots of pictures over the week of the journey too !..!,  

No comments:

Post a Comment