Thursday 28 February 2013

Forge fixed... Again

A couple of days after I put the forge together I had a very bad day where the connection between the hood and vent broke to which my workshop was smoked out. I then spent a week away in Mid Wales making a commissioned ring holder and when I came back I started back trying to fix the forge. It's taken nearly a week but I finally got it all fixed, this also gave me the chance to move a few things around and rearrange the workshop. As I'm going to have two work benches to come in later on, so I needed to make space for them.

As you can see now the forge is now on the side of the workshop giving me more space at the back where I will be having a small metal work bench and racks of tools. I'm very happy with the new layout and have a plan of what the workshop will look like as whole.


I decided to light the forge properly for the first time. The forge lights up very well and doesn't smoke out my workshop (so perfect) in that sense. It all looks like more of a workshop with all my tool out and ready to use. One step closer....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment