Tuesday 19 February 2013

Ring holder complete!

Today has been a  long day as today is the day I travelled to mid Wales to forge the ring holder I'd designed for a commission I was given from a customer in the USA so I'm going international now!!!
I had a 6:30 start to catch a 8:00 train to Hereford where I intended to visit my old college and see a few people. After having fun catching up with some friends Nick picked me up and I was on my way to Wales, Nick then informed me that we would be heading straight to the workshop to get stuck in and wanted me to get the ring holder finished by the end of the day. I gave myself eight hours to make it and got straight in to it. Well I complete making it in seven hours which I'm very happy about. Nick's workshop is very well equipped and that is what made all the difference with the speed of making it. And yes I it looks like a little scorpion about to run around. I'll be applying the finish to it tomorrow morning which will be another early start.


Showing detail of the rivets 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment