Sunday 3 March 2013

Family visit.

Today while I was down the workshop I had a visit from some of my family. My brother Ben hadn't seen the workshop for at least three months and had heard that I'd fixed my forge and could do some work but had not seen what had changed in that period of time. He was very impressed to see how much had changed and what I had accomplished. So as a little treat I showed him a few forging techniques and got him to help me rivet a pair of tongs together, I even let him swing a sledge hammer when I using a flatter.  




 
It was great to show Ben what I really do when I come to my workshop. Normally my family only see the finished results and never the hard work and techniques that go in to making a product. All in all Ben really enjoyed himself and got a little insight in to my blacksmithing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment