Monday 18 March 2013

Gate's coming along nicely

As I said I would I was back down the workshop working on the Gate and the Microphone stand. The mic-stand is now drying with its coat of black paint and I hope to finish it off tomorrow but my main focus today was the latch of the gate. The design I did for this back in my second year wouldn't have worked so I redesigned the latch with a back plate and rivet to still work with the original pieces and now it work perfectly.


All the plates have now been cut brushed and look alot more cleaner, All the bars will be painted black to emphasize the plates as negative space.


This is my 100th post of this blog!!!! Thank you all for reading my blog and supporting my blacksmithing dream, I look forward to the next 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment