Saturday 9 March 2013

On to the next project.

I been working on a new project over the past couple of days I wanted to add a guitar stand to my portfolio of work as I keep saying I can make one and have designed several big ones put haven't gotten round to making one yet. After talking to a few guitarists it was agreed that a big stand would look amazing but wouldn't be practical enough for on the move and so I should be thinking on a slightly smaller scale. I own a few guitar stands myself and they are all different shapes and sizes but there is an overall universal size and space for the hooks of the stand and most stands just about fit in to an A2 size paper. So the challenge was set the design a guitar stand that would fit into a A2 sheet of paper and after a couple days of drawing I finally came up with a design I was happy with and is a great size for a guitar stand. I've designed it to be forged out of 16mm squared bar and should take about a 12 hours to make but that depends on if I can get the power hammer up and running which should mean it'll be quicker, I'll also need the leg vice ready to use as well or I won't be able to create the right bends. So I have a few extra jobs before I can start making it but I very pleased with the design anyway.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment