Saturday 31 March 2012

A day of music


Anyone who knows me well will tell you how much I love music and how it plays a huge part in my life. Well today has been completely about music…..

It all started when I wanted to go down town to buy the new ministry album that came out recently but once I start finding albums I want there’s no stopping the spending spree that follows. After being in town for 2 hours I had spent of £60 on albums, all of which I “HAD” to have. But one purchase really sparked off something that would bring a smile to my face. I felt drawn to the vinyl collections of one shop I was in and found the Tool record Lateralus.    



When I got home and showed my mum what I had purchased, (the albums and record) she reminded me that my speakers for my sound system were still broke but she had spotted some speakers that I could get to temporarily replacement while I get the other fixed as they hold a lot of sentimental value to me. So we rushed out again so I could see these speakers for myself which were a bargain and are now set up in my room bring loud music to house once again.  



This then led me to digging out my parent’s old vinyl collection which had been sitting underneath the stairs for about 12 years. This really took my mum down memory lane as we sat there going through all these old records. I found a lot of which I’d enjoy listening to, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, The Police and Asia.     


This now means I will have to go out and find a record player so that the family will be able to listen to all this great music plus it means I will have to start my own vinyl collection too, you can never have too much music in your life, even if it does take up most of the space in your house. Music inspires me and will continue to do so and having days like this helps me connect with why I do what I do within my work.   


No comments:

Post a Comment