Tuesday 27 March 2012

The last pulse before the break ahead

In these tiring and downhearted days it has be a struggle to keep going with the work and put a smile on my face and I thank my friends that have been there for me (you know who you are).

Quote time:- (Green Valley, Puscifer, 2011)
“No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.
You're a stranger till she whispers you can stay.
You're a stranger till she whispers that your journey's over.”

I’ve lost the will to try and get up early anymore but luckily for me, my body clock wakes me in time to be in college by 9.30 and hour and half later than I normally get there for. Even with this slightly later start I still managed to get some work done before forge, printing picture off for updating my learning journal and sketch book as well as getting in to the workshop to make a Marquette of my new final design.   



I’m really starting to get excited about making this in the forge as the final product and as I’m using most of the pieces form the last design I don’t have as work to give myself this time. I only really need to work on the protective coating over the hooks which I will work on over the Easter holidays where I can talk about it in more detail with some of my music business contacts.  
Once at the forge I wasn’t really feeling up to working on my design so I spent my time knocking out a few samples towards the protective coating and also finished a pair of tongs (for holding 25mm square) that I had very slowly been knocking out in my spare time over the past month. They have turned out to be the best pair I’ve made so far which I’m very pleased with, even got the tong Master Matthew Garton’s approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment