Wednesday 21 March 2012

Formative assessment


Today was formative assessment for me and five other unlucky students in a group crit with Del and Kate talking about our progress to date, showing sketchbook drawings, Marquette’s and any other relevant development made? I’ll try and stick to the positives of the crit and not the negative points, so everyone agreed that I had a strong body of work which I had developed very well. There were also no complaints about my design for the wall mounts and everyone was happy about the scale I’d decided on for it. I had already recognized that I need to look in to leather attachments on to the hook as protection for the guitar and also how the wall mounts would connect to the wall, Kate and Del have said “NO” to just drilling holes in the design and screwing it to the wall which even I’ll admit it is the easiest option, but its looks like I’m going to have to think outside the box, this is my top priority. Another thing that came up in the assessment was finishes, now that has been a sore subject for me since day one and my knowledge of it is very thin and my experiences in it have not giving me much confidence. I have however decided that the finish on the microphone stand needs to be done and I know in my head that it will take a couple of weeks to achieve the finish that I’m looking for so this looks like a job to do over the Easter holidays and it will give me something to think about like is this the best option for the rest of the products I’m designing and making?…..             

No comments:

Post a Comment